Friday, September 12, 2008

2038 September 12

Well, it's getting real. The lights flickered on and off, the wind is loud enough I can hear it inside the house, and I can't seem to get videos to upload to Youtube. I gathered up Alyssa, the recalcitrant feline, and folded her into her cat carrier. She's now in the safe room with the dogs, who are in their kennel. Gumbo, the genius wonder dog, figured out Alyssa was there and commenced to whining and all manner of canine speech to let me know that she would like to eat her. I declined.

The rain has reached South Beltway 8 which is about 40 miles south. I may yet have several hours before the brunt of the storm is here. Meanwhile, I'll just watch a movie, have a drink, and enjoy the show.

1 comment:

TriScanner said...

Godspeed and good luck